Techtextil Innovation Award 2015: call for entries
Entries are invited for the Techtextil Innovation Award. On the occasion of Techtextil, Messe Frankfurt will give awards for innovative ideas in the field of technical textiles, nonwovens and functional apparel textiles. The Techtextil Innovation Award is also open to non-exhibitors. The deadline for receipt of entries for the Award is 20 February 2015.
The jury will accept all developments that have neither been on the market for more than two years nor chosen for any other award. The competition is open to exhibitors of Techtextil 2015, as well all other companies, institutes, universities and individuals. All award-winning projects will be on show at a special exhibition during Techtextil. Entries can be made online at www.techtextil-award.com.
The projects entered must be in relation to the production or use of technical textiles, nonwovens or textile-reinforced materials. The Techtextil Innovation Award will be given in the following categories:
- New materials, products, means of production, manufacturing and finishing technologies for use in one of the 12 Techtextil areas of application, i.e., Agrotech, Buildtech, Clothtech, Geotech, Hometech, Indutech, Medtech, Mobiltech, Ökotech, Packtech, Protech and Sporttech
- New materials and products for technical applications based on / in combination with natural fibres
- New material, technological, processing and finishing developments, e.g., new fibres and years, new finishes, nano-technology, electronic systems in garments
- Fashion aspects combined with new technologies and new materials, design concepts and aesthetic considerations
- Potential medical applications with textiles and apparel
- Combination of comfort and functionality in sportswear and active wear
- Innovations for safety and protection at work
- Smart textiles, intelligent textiles
The awards in the various categories will be presented during the opening ceremony of Techtextil in Room Dimension, Hall 4.2, on 4 May 2015. All award-winning products will also be on show throughout the fair at a special exhibition in Hall 6.1.
Details of the various award categories and the full rules can be found on the internet at m-es.se/Wr2m .